To download Annex A in word format please click here.
To download Annex B in word format please click here or in pdf format click here.
To download Annex C in word format please click here.
To download the Questionnaire in pdf format please click here.
PROGRAMME FOR THE PROVISION OF HOSPITALITY
FOR THE ORGANISATION OF FAMILIARISATION TRIPS TO CYPRUS
FOR MEETING AND INCENTIVE TRAVEL
FOR THE ORGANISATION OF FAMILIARISATION TRIPS TO CYPRUS
FOR MEETING AND INCENTIVE TRAVEL
(last revision 15/01/2016)A. OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The programme aims to promoting the upgraded meeting and incentive travel product of Cyprus and strengthening the image of Cyprus as an attractive and competitive destination for the organisation of conferences, meetings and incentive trips.
• Local licensed tourism and travel offices, which fulfil the minimum criteria of the Cyprus Convention Bureau and have been classified as Destination Management Companies. These offices are included in the catalogue which is published on the website of the Cyprus Tourism Organisation (CTO) www.visitcyprus.biz in the section “Conferences and Incentives” under the title Destination Management Companies and Professional Congress Organisers.
• Licensed tourism and travel offices established in an EU member state which, according to the provisions of Article 6A(1) (page 8) of the Tourism and Travel Offices and Tourist Guide Laws 1995-2013, may temporarily carry out within the Republic the activities referred to in section 3 of the referred Law without the need of having a permanent organised office within the Republic, provided they declare this intention in writing to the Cyprus Tourism Organisation.
C. AMOUNT FOR THE PROVISION OF HOSPITALITY
The applicant may submit an application to the Cyprus Tourism Orgnanisation for the familiarisation trip he intends to organise for only one of the following two categories:
Category 1: provision of hospitality for covering 50% and up to €500 per person of the actual eligible expenses as these are mentioned in Paragraph D.
Category 2: provision of hospitality for covering 80% and up to €500 per person of the actual cost only of the airline tickets.
D. ELIGIBLE EXPENSES
1. Airline tickets (economy class + airport taxes)
5. Tour Guides
6. Team-building activities
E. NON-ELIGIBLE EXPENSES
1. Personal expenses
2. Any expenses of the applicant concerning the escort of the team of guests either by the personnel of the applicant or the applicant himself.
3. Parking fees
4. Fuel costs
5. Telephone call costs
F. PREREQUISITES AND CRITERIA
1. The invited participants of the proposed familiarisation trip must be executives of corporations organising meeting and incentive travel trips, Meeting and Incentive Agents, Incentive Houses and members of the Board of Directors of International or European Associations.
2. All the invited participants must be in decision-making positions.
3. The maximum number of invited participants from abroad, for whom the Organisation will provide hospitality through the Hospitality Programme, is up to 12 persons for each familiarisation trip. It should be noted that more persons may be invited, but any invitees in excess of 12 will not be offered hospitality by the Organisation.
4. The approval for the provision of hospitality granted by CTO must be secured before the execution of the proposed familiarisation trip.
5. The applicants to the CTO Hospitality Programme, unconditionally accept all the obligations of the Programme, terms, criteria and prerequisites which it includes.
Note: It is provided that, for the purposes of the Programme, “participants” are considered to be the persons from abroad who have accepted the invitation to participate in the familiarisation trip and will be participating in that trip to Cyprus.
G. OBLIGATIONS OF THE APPLICANT
1. To grant a CTO Officer the right to participate in the proposed familiarization trip.
2. To participate in the process of collection of statistical data concerning conference and incentive travel, as per the relevant QUESTIONNAIRE FOR THE COLLECTION OF STATISTICAL DATA FOR CONFERENCE TOURISM AND INCENTIVE TRAVEL – (Applicable only for local licensed Tourism and Travel Offices). (To view the CTO Questionnaire in pdf).
3. To submit photographic material with the participants taken during the familiarisation trip to Cyprus.
4. To submit the CTO questionnaire in Annex B (To download Annex B in word or in pdf) completed by the participants and to grant CTO the right to use the various testimonials mentioned therein, towards the promotion of Cyprus as a meeting and incentive destination.
5. To submit the final programme of hospitality distributed to the participants of the trip where the Cyprus Tourism Organisation / Cyprus Convention Bureau are mentioned as the main sponsors of the familiarisation trip with their logos.
6. To inform the Cyprus Tourism Organisation on a regular basis on agreements resulting from the hosting of the familiarisation trip.
It is provided that any applicants not participating in the process of collection of statistical data, are considered as not being interested in participating in the subsidisations and hospitality programmes of the Organisation and hence they will not be entitled to be granted hospitality through the various Incentive Schemes, Hospitality Programmes and other relevant to Conference and Incentive Tourism grants, invitations, commissioning or cooperation with the Organisation for two years. (This applies only to the local licensed Tourism and Travel Offices).
It is further provided that, in case of non-participation of the beneficiary in the statistical data collection process, the Organisation reserves the absolute right to cancel the approved amount for the provision of hospitality and / or to request the refund of any amount for the provision of hospitality already paid by CTO. (This applies only to the local licensed Tourism and Travel Offices).
H. SUBMISSION OF THE APPLICATION
1. The applicant must submit his application to the Organisation for the provision of hospitality under the Programme one month prior to the arrival of the fam trip participants to Cyprus with the submission of an official letter informing the Organisation of the objectives of the proposed trip, the dates during which the trip will take place and the participants’ country of origin.
2. The letter must be accompanied by:
(a) (To download Annex A in word) Annex A - Participants Details, dully completed,
(b) the estimated analytical budget of expenses based on the Category chosen (please refer to paragraphs C and D),
(c) the proposed hospitality programme with all the relevant details (sites to be visited, team building activities etc).
Applications must be submitted by e-mail at the electronic address firstname.lastname@example.org
The responsibility for the confirmation of receipt of the submitted application lies solely with the applicant.
Only applications which include all above information and are accompanied by all the above documentation will be taken into consideration.
I. EVALUATION PROCESS
Applications for the provision of hospitality submitted within the framework of the Programme, will be considered on a first-come, first served basis according to their date of submission to the Organisation and until the exhaustion of the allocated funds in the annual budget of the Organisation.
It is provided that, the Organisation reserves the right to afford priority to the examination of applications submitted by applicants who have not previously benefited from the Programme within the current year.
Following the receipt of the application by the Organisation, it will be evaluated on the basis of the aforementioned criteria and prerequisites and the decision of the Organisation will be officially communicated to the applicant within 15 working days.
J. OBLIGATIONS OF CTO
1. Securing free entrance passes to archaeological sites and museums from the Cyprus Department of Antiquities (excluding private museums). Beneficiaries must be requesting the issuance of free entrance passes from the CTO Officer Mrs Katia Hadjiantoni: tel (00357) 22691251, e-mail email@example.com.
2. Provision of printed material of the Organisation. Orders for such material should be placed by the applicant to CTO Officer Mr Savvas Andreou: tel (00357) 22691185, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the titles of the brochures, the quantity and the language desired.
K. REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION FOR THE PAYMENT OF THE APPROVED AMOUNT OF HOSPITALITY
Following the completion of the familiarisation trip the beneficiary must submit to CTO the following 7 documents:
1. A letter from the beneficiary company on the company’s official letterhead which will include the general conclusions of the familiarisation trip that has been organised in Cyprus and will request the payment of the approved amount of hospitality.
2. The final rooming list of the group of participants, as printed from the reservation system of the hotel/s of stay.
3. Copies of the tax invoices of the contracting parties, based on the analytical expenses budget which has been approved. It is provided that, for the purposes of the CTO Programme, contracting parties are considered to be the suppliers of the eligible expenses. Acceptable tax invoices are considered to be those printed by the accounting system of the invoice supplier or from official printed invoice blocks. Tax invoices must include the VAT registration number of the supplier and / or the tax ID number should no VAT registration number exist. Tax invoices should also include all the information required by law. No other documents will be accepted as proof apart from eligible tax invoices.
4. The CTO questionnaires completed by each participant in Annex B (To download the Annex B in word or in pdf)
5. Photographic material with the participants during the familiarisation trip to Cyprus.
6. The hospitality programme as distributed to the participants, wherein the Cyprus Tourism Organisation / Cyprus Convention Bureau shall appear as the main sponsors of the familiarisation trip and their logos should be featured.
7. The Personal Declaration duly signed by the beneficiary in Annex C (To download the Questionnaire Annex C in word)
The payment of the total amount of hospitality will be paid to the beneficiary only after all the aforementioned documentation has been submitted and pursuant to the compliance with the obligations mentioned in Paragraph G above. In the case where the required documentation submitted is not complete, the payment procedure will be discontinued.
The Cyprus Tourism Organisation reserves the right to further examine the documentation submitted and to request any additional relevant proof for the eligible expense e.g. documentation for the payment of the eligible expense between the contracting party and the beneficiary.
Provided that in case the Organisation determines that any false documentation has been submitted by the beneficiary of the Programme, the Organisation reserves the absolute right to cancel the approved amount for the provision of hospitality and / or to request the refund of any amount for the provision of hospitality already paid by CTO.
Provided that is the case, in addition to any other penalties imposed by CTO, offenders will be excluded from any participation in the subsidies of the Organisation and hence they will not be eligible for subsidisation through the available Incentive Schemes, Hospitality Programmes and any other subsidies, invitations, commissions or cooperation with the Cyprus Tourism Organisation relevant to Conference and Incentive Tourism for two years.
The applicants and/or beneficiaries of the aforementioned Hospitality Programme, accept without any reservations all the obligations stemming from the Programme, terms, criteria and prerequisites that it includes.
The Programme is subject to change without notice. Please refer to the CTO website for updates at www.visitcyprus.biz, section Conference & Incentives.
The Programme will be valid for one year, until December 31st of each year or until exhaustion of the available funds. It will be automatically renewed for the following year, unless otherwise decided by the Cyprus Tourism Organisation.
L. FURTHER INFORMATION
Cyprus Tourism Organisation
Tel.: (00357) 22 69 12 55