To download the Programme in pdf format please click here.
To download the Annex A in word format please click here.
To download the Annex B in word format please click here.
To download the Annex C in word format please click here.
To download the Annex D in word format please click here.
INCENTIVE SCHEME TOWARDS THE ORGANISATIONOF FAMILIARISATION TRIPS TO CYPRUS
FOR MEETING AND INCENTIVE TRAVEL
A. FINANCIAL SUPPORT IN THE CONTEXT OF EU RULES ON DE MINIMIS AID
This Scheme is being conducted by the Cyprus Tourism Organisation in accordance with the provisions of the Commission’s Regulation (EU) no. 1407/2013 of 18 December 2013 on the application of the Articles 107 and 108 of the Treaty of the Functioning of the European Union to de minimis aid.
De Minimis Aid refers to small amounts of state subsidies which are exempted from the obligation of being communicated to the European Commission, as they are considered as not affecting trade between Member States and/or not distorting or threatening to distort competition within the European Union. The maximum total de minimis aid granted to any single undertaking by all the Competent Authorities of the Republic over any period of three fiscal years may not exceed the amount of €200.000.
B. OBJECTIVES OF THE SCHEME
The Scheme aims at encouraging the organization of educational trips towards the familiarization of the participants with the meeting and incentive travel product of Cyprus and the strengthening the image of Cyprus as an attractive and competitive destination for the organization of conferences, meetings and incentive trips.
C. ELIGIBLE APPLICANTS
1. Local licensed tourism and travel offices, which fulfil the minimum criteria of the Cyprus Convention Bureau. These offices are included in the catalogue which is posted on the official website of the Cyprus Tourism Organisation (CTO) www.visitcyprus.com – Discover Cyprus – Cyprus Convention Bureau.
2. Licensed tourism and travel offices from abroad (please refer to Paragraphs D.1 and D.2).
D. TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. According to the provisions of Article 6A-(1) of the Tourism and Travel Offices and Tourist Guide Laws 1995 - 2013, licensed tourism and travel offices established in an EU member state, may temporarily carry out within the Republic the activities referred to in section 3 of the referred Law without the need of having a permanent organized Office within the Republic, provided they declare this intention in writing to the Cyprus Tourism Organisation.
2. According to the provisions of Article 6.-(1) of the Tourism and Travel Offices and Tourist Guide Laws 1995 - 2013, licensed tourism and travel offices established in an EU member state, may not carry out within the Republic on an organized or permanent basis the activities referred to in section 3 of the referred Law and therefore they must be represented by a local licensed tourism & travel office, which must also be stated in the application.
3. The invited participants of the proposed familiarization trip must be executives of corporations organizing meeting and incentive travel trips, Meeting and Incentive Agents, Incentive Houses and members of the Board of Directors of International, European or regional non-profit Organizations / Associations.
4. All the invited participants must be in decision-making positions.
5. The maximum number of invited participants from abroad, for whom the CTO will provide financial support through this Scheme, is up to 12 (twelve) persons for each familiarization trip. It should be noted that more persons may be invited, but for any invitees in excess of 12 (twelve), the CTO will not provide financial support.
6. Applications must be submitted at least 2 (two) months before the starting date of the familiarization trip (please refer to Paragraph H).
7. The approval for the provision of financial support granted by CTO must be secured before the execution of the proposed familiarization trip.
8. Applications for the provision of hospitality submitted within the framework of this Scheme will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis according to their date of submission to the CTO and until the exhaustion of the relevant credits in the annual CTO budget.
It is provided that, the CTO reserves the right to afford priority to the examination of applications submitted by applicants who have not previously benefited from this Scheme within the current year.
9. In case the application for financial support is approved, it is provided that the beneficiary agrees to grant a CTO Officer the right to participate in the relevant familiarization trip. The expenses of the CTO Officer will be borne by the CTO.
10. In case the applicant is a licensed local tourism and travel office (please refer to Paragraph C.1), it is provided that in case its application for financial support is approved, the applicant agrees to participate in the CTO’s survey towards the collection of statistical data concerning conference and incentive tourism, as per the relevant Questionnaire for the Collection of Statistical Data for Conference Tourism and Incentive Travel which will be sent out during the execution of the survey. Please click here to see a specimen of the questionnaire (only for informational purposes). Relevant surveys conducted in the past are posted on CTO’s website at www.visitcyprus.com (links: Discover Cyprus – Cyprus Convention Bureau).
It is provided that any beneficiaries not participating in the process of collection of statistical data, are considered as not being interested in participating in the Incentive Schemes of the CTO and hence they will not be entitled to be applying to the CTO neither for financial support made available through its Incentive Schemes or other relevant to Conference and Incentive Tourism grants, nor for participation to invitations to tenders, commissioning or cooperation with the CTO relevant to the same field.
It is further provided that, in case of non-participation of the beneficiary in the statistical data collection process, the CTO reserves the absolute right to cancel the approved amount of financial support and / or to request the refund of any amount of financial support already paid by CTO.
11. In case the application for financial support is approved, it is provided that the beneficiary agrees towards the completion of the CTO questionnaire in Annex B by the participants in the relevant familiarization trip, which must be submitted to the CTO.
12. In case the application for financial support is approved, it is provided that the beneficiary includes the CTO and the Cyprus Convention Bureau logos in the final programme of hospitality to be distributed to the participants. In this final programme of hospitality, the CTO and the Cyprus Convention Bureau will be mentioned as the main sponsors of the familiarization trip. The two logos mentioned above will be forwarded to the beneficiary by e-mail, together with the confirmation letter for the granting of financial support towards the organization of the familiarization trip.
13. In case the application for financial support is approved, it is provided that the beneficiary agrees to submit photographic material with the participants, taken during the familiarization trip to Cyprus.
14. In case the application for financial support is approved, it is provided that the beneficiary agrees to be informing the CTO on a regular basis of agreements resulting from the hosting of the familiarization trip.
15. In case the application for financial support is approved, it is provided that the beneficiary may not apply for any other financial support from the CTO for the same action.
16. The CTO will be treating all documents and information received in relation to this Scheme as private and confidential and will not be publicizing or revealing any data submitted, without the prior written consent of the applicant.
17. The applicants and / or beneficiaries of this Scheme, accept without any reservations all of its terms and conditions.
E. AMOUNT OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT
The applicant may submit an application to the Cyprus Tourism Orgnanisation for the familiarization trip intended to be organized, for only one of the following two categories:
Category 1: provision of hospitality for covering 50% and up to €500 per person of the actual eligible expenses as these are mentioned in Paragraph F, with a maximum total of €6.000 per familiarization trip.
Category 2: provision of hospitality for covering 80% and up to €500 per person of the actual cost only of the airline tickets, with a maximum total of €6.000 per familiarization trip.
F. ELIGIBLE AND NON-ELIGIBLE EXPENSES FOR CATEGORY 1
1. Airline tickets (economy class + airport taxes)
5. Tour Guides
6. Team-building activities
NON ELIGIBLE EXPENSES
1. Personal expenses
2. Entrance fees for archaeological sites and museums (please refer to Paragraph G)
3. Any expenses of the applicant concerning the escort of the team of guests either by the personnel of the applicant or the applicant himself.
4. Parking fees
5. Fuel costs
6. Telephone call costs
G. FREE ENTRANCE PASS FROM THE DEPARTMENT OF ANTIQUITIES
Beneficiaries may request that the CTO obtains free entrance passes to archaeological sites and museums for the purposes of the familiarization trip, from the Department of Antiquities (excluding private museums.) Requests must be submitted to: CTO Officer Mr. Christodoulos Papachristodoulou, tel. (00357) 22691305, e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
H. SUBMISSION OF THE APPLICATION
1. The applicant must submit the application to the CTO for financial support for the provision of hospitality under this Scheme, with a letter on official letterhead, in which the applicant will be informing the CTO of the objectives of the proposed trip, the dates during which the trip will take place, the profile of the participants and their country / countries of origin. This letter must be submitted to the CTO at the e-mail email@example.com, at least 2 (two) months prior to the arrival of the familiarization trip participants to Cyprus.
2. The letter must be accompanied by:
(a) Annex A – Profile of Invited Participants, duly completed,
(b) The proposed daily hospitality programme with all the relevant details (sites to be visited, team building activities etc),
(c) The estimated analytical budget of expenses on a daily basis for each eligible expense, according to the proposed daily hospitality programme in (b) above and the category chosen for the provision of financial support (please refer to paragraphs E and F).
3. The De Minimis Statement (Annex C) must also be duly completed, signed and submitted with the application.
Only applications which include all of the above documentation will be taken into consideration.
The responsibility for the confirmation of receipt of the submitted application lies solely with the applicant.
I. EVALUATION PROCEDURE
Following the receipt of an application by the CTO, it will be evaluated and the decision of the CTO will be officially communicated to the applicant within 15 (fifteen) working days from its date of receipt.
J. PLACEMENT OF ORDER FOR PRINTED MATERIAL OF THE CTO
Orders for printed material of the CTO (publications, maps and bags) must be timely placed by the applicant to the competent CTO Officer Mr. Savvas Andreou: tel. no. (00357) 22 69 11 85, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the titles of the brochures, the quantity and the language desired. Click here to view a list of the publications available online οn www.visitcyprus.com – Media.
The applicant is responsible for collecting the order from CTO’s Warehouse (Alexandrou Ypsilanti Str. No.1, CY2234 Latsia, Nicosia), having first been notified accordingly by phone, by the CTO. Should the applicant request the delivery of the order by courier, then the cost of such delivery will be borne by the applicant.
K. REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION FOR THE PAYMENT OF THE APPROVED AMOUNT OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT ON THE BASIS OF ACTUAL EXPENSES INCURRED
All the claims for the payment of the amount of financial support must be received by the CTO one month following the completion of the familiarization trip, at the latest. Any delay leads to the loss of the financial support.
After the completion of the familiarization trip the following documentation must be submitted to the CTO by e-mail:
1. A letter from the beneficiary on the company’s official letterhead which will include a brief report on the outcome of the familiarization trip organized and will request the payment of the financial support against actual expenses incurred.
2. The final rooming list of the group of participants, as printed from the reservation system of the hotel/s of stay.
3. Copies of the tax invoices of the contracting parties, based on the analytical expense budget which has been approved. It is provided that, for the purposes of the relevant CTO Scheme, contracting parties are considered to be the suppliers of goods/services classified as eligible expenses. Acceptable tax invoices are considered to be those printed by the accounting system of the invoice supplier or from official printed invoice blocks. Tax invoices must include the VAT registration number of the supplier and / or the tax ID number should no VAT registration number exist. Tax invoices should also include all the information required by law (and be issued to the name of the beneficiary). No other documents will be accepted as proof apart from eligible tax invoices.
4. The CTO questionnaires completed by each participant (Annex B).
5. Photographic material with the participants during the familiarization trip to Cyprus.
6. The hospitality programme as distributed to the participants, wherein the Cyprus Tourism Organisation / Cyprus Convention Bureau shall appear as the main sponsors of the familiarization trip and their logos shall be featured.
7. The Personal Declaration duly signed by the beneficiary (Annex D).
The amount of financial support will be paid to the beneficiary only after all the aforementioned documentation has been submitted and pursuant to the compliance with all the terms and conditions of the Scheme. In the case where the required documentation submitted is not complete, the payment procedure shall be discontinued.
The CTO reserves the right to further examine the documentation submitted and to request additional clarifications and/or the submission of additional data and documentation.
It is provided that, in case the CTO has found any documentation submitted by the beneficiaries to be false or that not all of the terms and conditions of this Incentive Scheme have been met, the CTO reserves the absolute right to cancel the approved amount of subsidy and / or to request the refund of any amount already paid by CTO.
It is also provided that in the above case, in addition to any other penalties imposed by CTO, offenders will be excluded from any participation in the CTO’s subsidy schemes as well as any other subsidies, invitations, commissions or cooperation with the CTO, relevant to Conference and Incentive Tourism.
L. VALIDITY OF THE SCHEME
This Scheme will have an annual validity, up to the 31st of December of every year or until the exhaustion of the relevant credits in the CTO budget. It will be automatically renewed for every next year, unless the CTO decides otherwise.
This Scheme may be altered without any notice. For information, please refer to the website of the CTO www.visitcyprus.com – Discover Cyprus – Cyprus Convention Bureau.
M. FURTHER INFORMATION
Tel: (00 357) 22 69 13 05
Cyprus Tourism Organisation
Limassol Avenue 19, CY2112 Nicosia
P.O.Box 24535, CY1390 Nicosia
Tel: (00 357) 22 69 11 00
Fax: (00 357) 22 69 13 13
The English version is a translation of the original in Greek (www.visitcyprus.biz) for information purposes only. In case of a discrepancy, the Greek original will prevail.